Visitors can enjoy all that Allegan has to offer including the festivals, coffee shops and lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting. A top sight in the area is Gun Lake Casino.
- You'll find 130 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Kalamazoo
- The closest major airport is in Kalamazoo, MI (AZO-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Intl.), 24.7 mi (39.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 30.3 mi (48.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Allegan
Notable city landmarks like Regent Theatre and Griswold Auditorium might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bittersweet Ski Resort and Dumont Lake Park.
As you start planning for your getaway to Allegan, you might not find accommodation options in the heart of the city, but you can select from 627 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Hotel Allegan is located in the heart of Allegan. This 2-star guesthouse in Allegan features free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Allegan Budget Host Inn is 1.3 mi (2.2 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Allegan can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Allegan Country Inn is located within 1.2 mi (2 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Allegan can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
A top sight outside the city is Gun Lake Casino, 12.9 mi/20.8 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Allegan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Allegan gets about 933 millimetres of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C