Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, shopping, and coffeehouses in Alexandria. Welcoming and urban, this riverfront city will also delight visitors with its bars, sporting events, and art.
- Though not directly in Alexandria, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Massena, NY (MSS-Massena Intl.), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Alexandria
Alexandria has plenty of options for transportation. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Alexandria Station.
Dressing for Alexandria
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, while the average at night is -4°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 27°C with nighttime averages of 6°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and nighttime averages of -11°C
- About 37 millimetres of rain falls on Alexandria each year