History buffs will enjoy exploring Albany, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodation options in Albany
- The closest major airport is in Albany, GA (ABY-Southwest Georgia Regional), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Thomasville, GA (TVI-Thomasville Regional), 49.5 mi (79.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Albany
Cultural venues in the city include Albany Municipal Auditorium, Albany Civil Rights Institute and Theatre Albany. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ray Charles Plaza, Thronateeska Heritage Center, and Ole Engine 100. The city's natural beauty is on display at Chehaw Park, Radium Springs Gardens and Providence Canyon State Outdoor Recreation Area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 38 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Albany. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany At Albany Mall - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albany - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Albany
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 1307 millimetres of rain falls on Albany each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 3°C