Travellers to Thomasville give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theme park and theatres. A top sight in the city is Wild Adventures.
- There are 94 hotels and other accommodation options in Thomasville
- The closest major airport is in Thomasville, GA (TVI-Thomasville Regional), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tallahassee, FL (TLH-Tallahassee Regional), 37.4 mi (60.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thomasville
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include Pebble Hill Plantation, Museum of Colquitt County and Bainbridge Little Theatre. Attractions like Wild Adventures and Tiger Stripes Exotic Animal Sanctuary are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like First Baptist Church, Thomasville's Historic Big Oak and Lapham-Patterson House.
In Moultrie, you'll find 94 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ashburn Hill Plantation - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Moultrie - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
A top sight in the surrounding area is The Centre of Tallahassee, located 31 mi (49.9 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Thomasville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Thomasville gets about 1349.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 5°C