Visitors can enjoy all that Sylvester has to offer including the churches, restaurants and monuments. There are 56 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Albany, GA (ABY-Southwest Georgia Regional), 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sylvester
A favourite place to visit in the city is Ole Engine 100. Additionally, you'll find Ashburn City Hall and Radium Springs Gardens in the area.
As you plan for your holiday to Sylvester, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can choose from 56 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Wingate by Wyndham Albany is located 23.9 mi (38.5 km) from the heart of Sylvester. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Albany can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Tifton is 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from central Sylvester. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Tifton can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tifton is 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the centre of Sylvester. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Tifton can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Sylvester
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Sylvester is 1201 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 4°C