"Average Hostel, Great Location, Recommended"
This is one of my favourite hostels and I would recommend it if you are looking for somewhere cheap to stay in sydney. It is in the heart of the Sydney CBD so its in a very good location, the hostel itself is average but I have really enjoyed my time (stayed twice so far, for almost 2 months in total).
- Cheap (one of the cheapest in sydney)
- Very good location
- A good bunch of travellers, social and friendly and mostly respectful
- Big common area with smokers balcony
- Cheap supermarket only 2 mins walk
The Bad (I wanted to be thorough, but if your looking for a good experience in sydney, then there is a little bad to contend with)
- 8 Bathrooms, around 70-80 Guests (max I waited for a bathroom was 20 mins)
- Very noisy, you are in the center of Sydney, fire engines are ridiculously loud, and you can hear alot of noise from the street)
- Can get messy (The whole place is cleaned every day, but with the number of people staying at the hostel it still gets messy)
- Kitchen are is Tiny - 4 hobs, only 2 fridge freezers, and there is always a food theif or two about
- WiFi is pretty crap, its usable but don't expect to be able to watch netflix, and it breaks alot
- Common areas close at 11pm, great if you want an early night, but considering all of Sydneys nightlife closes at 3am (last entry 1.30am) no chance of an afterparty.
Despite its shortcomings this was one of my favourite hostels to visit and revisit, but will depend on your taste.
Traveller from London, UK