A very good, central spot, great as a base for sight seeing. Our room was very big and clean. It's not particularly fancy - it's basically like an upmarket travel lodge - but generally nice. I was a bit annoyed to be charged 12 euro a night for a travel cot, which I thought was a bit mean. otherwise, good.
Fiona from UK
The four stars Cityhotel at the Gendarmen market offers our guests a personal home in the heart of Berlin. Business people …More
This was my third trip to Berlin and I think I have found my new favourite hotel. I booked two rooms for two couples over a long weekend through Expedia and got a great deal. The hotel is centrally located and very close to Stadmitte U station.
The only drawback with the hotel were that the rooms weren't air conditioned so it was a little warm at night even with the windows open, and open windows meant hearing the rubbish truck early on Monday morning.
I also have a complaint around the payment of the hotel. We booked with Expedia to pay on checkout but a few days before check in the funds were requested from my account (but not authorised) this meant I could not access these funds for anything else and my original plan to have the two couples pay on check out resulted in me not being able to use that money until check out anyway. A real pain.
As I say, the stay was great but the fact that they requested the funds before even the cancellation deadline was irritating.
Jess from London
The Hotel Gendarm GmbH & Co. Betriebs−KG is a 4−star charming hotel located in Mitte, the central part of …More
This was my first visit to Berlin and the accommodation that was chosen for me by Expedia surpassed all expectations. I felt very safe there being that I was travelling alone but attending an event which was just about a five minutes walk away from the venue
The awesome part:
- There's a male receptionist in the evening (forgot his name) there's only one - he's really helpful with tips on restaurants, sightseeing. You've got to speak to him. He's awesome !!!!
The good part:
- Very central hotel
- Nice clean rooms and have a beautiful view of the river! I was in room #3.
- The attached cafe has a nice breakfast buffet. Worth the 10 euros!
- The room and bathroom are cleaned everyday by a maid service.
- The s-Bhan stating is a 5 min walk - so no need tot take a taxi.
- Reception: The ladies attending to the reception in the day time are not very helpful - don't even smile!
- The internet signal in the rooms is patchy and almost not there - but strong in the lobby.
- The bathroom is private - but not attached to the room! Its the next door in the corridor and opens with your room key. Nobody else uses it ... but its awkward to have to go out of your room to the bathroom each time!
Overall: I recommend a stay here.
The hotel Artist Riverside Berlin Mitte is located on the banks of the Spree river, in the heart of Berlin-Mitte , not far …More
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.