Search Hotels in Wollongong
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Oct 2020
Where to stay in Wollongong
Walk, cycle or drive along the scenic coastline of this Illawarra town to see a heritage lighthouse, a stunning rocky headland and the famous Kiama Blowhole.
Enjoy the laid-back pace of this pretty New South Wales coastal town. Explore its varied coastline, scenic harbour, local markets and nearby native bushland reserve.
North Wollongong is known for its pristine beaches, and you can make a stop by Stuart Park and North Wollongong Beach while in the area.
Travellers like the parks in Stanwell Tops, and Bald Hill Lookout is a top attraction you might want to visit.
Travellers to Wollongong give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights in the city include Wollongong City Beach and North Wollongong Beach.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Wollongong
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 37.1 mi (59.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wollongong
Cultural venues in the city include Illawarra Performing Arts Centre, Illawarra Museum and Wollongong City Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Wollongong City Beach and North Wollongong Beach. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Crown Street Mall and Wollongong Fish Market.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wollongong. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sage Hotel Wollongong - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and beach locale.
- Best Western City Sands - Wollongong Golf Club - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Downtown Motel - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and a private balcony. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Jamberoo Action Park, 14.8 mi/23.9 km from the heart of the city, and Symbio Wildlife Park, which is 15.8 mi/25.5 km away.
Getting around Wollongong
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Wollongong Station. Wollongong might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Wollongong
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- Wollongong gets about 1188 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 8°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Wollongong?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Wollongong, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Wollongong?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Wollongong?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Wollongong?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Wollongong?
What's the best luxury hotel in Wollongong?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Wollongong?
Wollongong Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Wollongong by Star Rating
- Hotels near Wollongong Airports
- Areas of Wollongong
- Accommodation near Wollongong Attractions
- More accommodation types in Wollongong
- Choose Your Wollongong Hotel Style
- Search Wollongong Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Wollongong
- Hotels Near Wollongong, New South Wales
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends