Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Whittier, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, skiing, and mountains. Welcoming and scenic, this city also attracts visitors with its hiking and glaciers.
- There are 2 Whittier hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while October tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Kenai, AK (ENA-Kenai Municipal), 88.2 mi (141.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Whittier
- The mountains, hiking trails, and glaciers provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Portage Glacier, Byron Glacier Trail, and Willawaw Nature Trail
- Also well-known for its skiing and scenery
Staying in Whittier
You might like Glacier View Suites, averaging GBP 195 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 2-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Glacier View Suites with a 3.3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Whittier
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 3°C and the nighttime average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 16°C during the day and -5°C at night
- July through September averages 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 9°C during the day and -9°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Whittier is 3962 millimetres