Visitors to Whittier are sure to enjoy the glaciers and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, waterfront and local tours. A top sight in the area is Denali State Park.
- You'll find 125 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Denali
- The closest major airport is in Girdwood, AK (AQY), 35.4 mi (56.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Whittier
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the glaciers and Chugach National Forest. Additionally, you might want to add Prince William Sound Museum to your agenda.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn at Whittier - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Whittier
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 3°C during the day and -9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 16°C, whilst the average at night is -5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 17°C with night-time averages of 3°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 9°C and night-time averages of -9°C
- Average annual rainfall for Whittier is 3962 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 16°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -9°C