Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Seward, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its glaciers and local tours. A top sight in the city is Kenai Fjords National Park.
- There are 106 hotels and other accommodation options in Seward
- The closest major airport is in Chenega, AK (NCN-Chenega Bay), 49.7 mi (80.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Seward
The city's cultural venues include Alaska SeaLife Center and Seward Museum. The the sea and glaciers highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Kenai Fjords National Park, Chugach National Forest and Seward Waterfront Park. Wildlife, taking a tour and boating are top activities, while sights to visit include Seward Boat Harbor, Exit Glacier and Caines Head State Recreation Area.
In Primrose, you'll find 106 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bell in the Woods Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bear Lake Lodgings Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a private beach, free breakfast and free parking.
- Trailhead Lodging - This 3-star lodge features free WiFi, free parking and concierge services. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Seward
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 5°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 16°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 10°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Seward is 1862.40 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 16°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C