Visitors to Whakatane are sure to enjoy the spas, cafes and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and monuments.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Whakatane
- The closest major airport is in Whakatane (WHK), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Whakatane
The city's cultural venues include Mataatua: The House That Came Home and Whakatane District Museum and Gallery. The picturesque setting of Pohaturoa and Otarawairere Bay exemplify the city's natural beauty. Taking a tour is a top activity, and Whakatane Aquatic Centre is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Whakatane. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- One88 On Commerce - This 4.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- 37 The Landing Motel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this motel. This 5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities.
- Pacific Coast Motor Lodge - This 4.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Whakatane
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 25°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 11°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Whakatane is 1072 millimetres
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C