Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Versailles, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours and cafes. Around the area, top sights include Palace of Versailles, Theatre Andre Malraux and Parc des Princes.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodation options in Versailles
- The closest major airport is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Paris (CDG-Roissy-Charles de Gaulle), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Versailles
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Palace of Versailles. Additionally, in the area you'll find Theatre Andre Malraux and Parc des Princes.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Versailles. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- HOTEL DES LYS - This 3-star hotel in Notre-Dame features free WiFi, parking and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Hotel Le Louis Versailles Château MGallery - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Saint-Louis features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre.
- Hôtel Versailles Chantiers - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Chantiers can enjoy access to a terrace and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to the airport.
Top places to see outside the city include Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, 7.5 mi/12.1 km from the city centre, and Grande Arche, which is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away.
Getting around Versailles
With so many choices for transport, exploring Versailles is simple. Local metro stations include Versailles Château Rive Gauche RER Station and Versailles Porchefontaine Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Versailles-Chantiers Station, Versailles-Rive-Droite Station or Versailles Montreuil Station.
Dressing for Versailles
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 990.50 millimetres of rain falls on Versailles each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C