Visitors to Tropea are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, gardens and churches. A top sight in the area is Pizzo Beach.
- There are 184 hotels and other accommodation options in Tropea
- The closest major airport is in Lamezia Terme (SUF-Lamezia Terme Intl.), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Tropea
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Rotonda Beach, ‘A Linguata Beach and Cannone Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port of Tropea and Blanca Beach.
In Parghelia, there are 184 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Paola - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Residenza Le due Sicilie - Our customers love the proximity to shopping and room size at this guesthouse. Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Aether Suites Tropea - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Pizzo Beach, located 16.8 mi (27 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Tropea
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Tropea Station. Tropea might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Tropea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Tropea is 30 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C