Visiting Vibo Valentia
Visitors can enjoy all that Vibo Valentia has to offer including the waterfront and parks. A top sight in the area is Pizzo Beach.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in Vibo Valentia
- The closest major airport is in Lamezia Terme (SUF-Lamezia Terme Intl.), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Vibo Valentia
The city is notable for landmarks like Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore and San Leoluca, Norman Castle and Castle of Bivona. The picturesque setting of Bivona Beach and Vibo Marina Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Porto di Vibo Marina and Vibo Valentia Courthouse.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Vibo Valentia. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- 501 Hotel is located in central Vibo Valentia. With a stay at this property in Vibo Valentia, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Villette Vacanze Bivona is located 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the city centre. Located in Vibo Valentia, this apartment features a kitchen, a furnished lanai and a dining area.
- B&B In Centro is located in the heart of Vibo Valentia. With a stay at this bed & breakfast in Vibo Valentia, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Pizzo Beach, located 7.5 mi (12 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Vibo Valentia
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Vibo Valentia Vibo Marina Station or Vibo Valentia-Pizzo Station. Vibo Valentia might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Vibo Valentia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Vibo Valentia gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 7°C