Visiting Tin Shui Wai
Tin Shui Wai's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the shopping, restaurants and island. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its sporting events. A top attraction is Hong Kong Wetland Park.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas July is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Tin Shui Wai
- A port is one of the top activities, whereas Hong Kong Golf Club, Discovery Bay Golf Club, and Castle Peak Bay are favourite sights to visit
- Families come for attractions such as Hong Kong Disneyland, Splendid China Folk Village, and Window of the World
- Notable landmarks include Sky 100, Tsing Ma Bridge, and Markets
- The natural setting of the island is picturesque, and places to visit include Hong Kong Wetland Park, Silvermine Beach, and Fa Hui Park
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Kingswood Ginza Shopping Center, Ladies' Market and Mong Kok Computer Centre
Getting around Tin Shui Wai
With transport options aplenty, getting around Tin Shui Wai is easy. Take advantage of metro transit at Tin Yuet Station, Tin Wing Station or Chestwood Station. You can explore your options for water transport at the port.
Staying in Tin Shui Wai
For family trips or any other travel plans, consider a highly rated traditional hotel like Harbour Plaza Resort City.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Harbour Plaza Resort City with a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Tin Shui Wai
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 24°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and 12°C as the night-time average
- About 1232 millimetres of rain falls on Tin Shui Wai each year