Visiting Taos Ski Valley
Visitors to Taos Ski Valley are sure to enjoy the skiing, mountain views and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its cosy and scenic setting. Top sights around the area include Taos Ski Valley and Red River Ski Area.
- You'll find 894 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Taos
- The closest major airport is in Taos, NM (TSM-Taos Regional), 17.1 mi (27.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Taos Ski Valley
The mountains, rivers and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Carson National Forest, Wheeler Peak Wilderness Area and Williams Lake are worth a visit. Skiing is a top activity, and Taos Ski Valley is one place to visit. Additionally, you'll find Red River Ski Area in the area.
In Red River, there are 61 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Blake at Taos Ski Valley - This 4-star resort features ski slopes, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Alpine Village Suites - Cottam's Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this lodge. Amenities at this 3-star lodge include free WiFi and free parking.
- Amizette Inn and Restaurant - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Taos Ski Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -15°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and -7°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -13°C at night
- Taos Ski Valley gets about 576.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -13°C