Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Tama, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the zoo, theme park and shopping. Visitors who travel to this welcoming city can discover its restaurants, hot springs and parks.
- There are 2 Tama hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Tama
- Adventures is one of the top activities, whereas Haramine Park, Tama Central Park, and Sakuragaoka Park are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its museums and cultural attractions, such as Museum of Japanese Houses and Shinyokohama Raumen Museum
- Families come for the zoo and theme park, specifically attractions such as Sanrio Puroland, Keio Mogusaen, and Tama Zoo
- The hot springs and parks highlight the natural beauty, and Yoyogi Park, Inagi Central Park, and Nozuta Park are several places worth visiting
Getting around Tama
With so many transport options, getting around Tama is a breeze. Head to Tama-Center Metro Station for metro transit. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Tama Nagayama Station, Tama-Center Station or Odakyu tamacenter station.
Staying in Tama
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Keio Plaza Hotel Tama
- SMILE HOTEL Tokyo-Tamanagayama
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Keio Plaza Hotel Tama with a 3.7 out of 5 user rating, whereas SMILE HOTEL Tokyo-Tamanagayama has a 3 rating by guests.
Dressing for Tama
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tama is 38 millimetres