Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Hachioji, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the hiking, restaurants and shopping. Welcoming and scenic landscape, this city will also delight visitors with its museums, festivals and beer.
- There are 4 Hachioji hotels
- March is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 26.1 mi (42.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Hachioji
- Adventures is one of the top activities, whereas Komiya Park, Fujimori Park, and Keio Mogusaen are favourite sights to visit
- Museums and festivals are well-known in the area, and attractions include Murauchi Art Museum, Tokyo Fuji Art Museum, and Silk Road Museum
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Tama Forest Science Garden, Hachioji Castle, and Takahatafudoson
- The hiking trails, parks and mountains highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Mount Takao, Meiji no Mori Takao Quasi-National Park, and Toritsu Oyamadairi Park
Getting around Hachioji
With so many transport options, getting around Hachioji is a breeze. Walk to a nearby metro station such as Chuo-Daigaku-Meisei-Daigaku Station, Otsuka-Teikyo-Daigaku Station or Matsugaya Station. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Tokyo Hachioji Station, Keio-hachioji Station or Tokyo Keio-katakura Station.
Staying in Hachioji
For family trips or any other travel plans, consider the following top-rated traditional hotels:
- R&B Hotel Hachioji
- The b hachioji
A favourite with Expedia travellers is R&B Hotel Hachioji with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating, whereas the b hachioji has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Hachioji
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Hachioji is 38 millimetres