Search Hotels in Sunninghill
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 29 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 31 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 12 Feb 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Sunninghill has to offer including its restaurants. The welcoming and secluded setting also entices those visiting the city. Montecasino, Nelson Mandela Square and Sandton City Mall are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Sunninghill
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 12 mi (19.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunninghill
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Montecasino, Nelson Mandela Square and Sandton City Mall. Additionally, in the area you'll find South African Museum of Military History and Lion Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 6 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Sunninghill. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Sunninghill Guest Lodge is located in central Sunninghill. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Sandton can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- Woodmead Guest Lodge is located 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Sandton can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- 86 Edison Guest Lodge is located in the heart of Sunninghill. This 3-star guesthouse in Sandton features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Sandton Convention Centre, located 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from the city centre, and Johannesburg Zoo, which is 9.8 mi (15.8 km) away.
Dressing for Sunninghill
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 25°C and the night-time average to be 13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 12°C at night
- About 713.70 millimetres of rain falls on Sunninghill each year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are June and July with an average of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sunninghill?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sunninghill, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Sunninghill?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Sunninghill?
Sunninghill Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Sunninghill by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sunninghill Airports
- Areas of Sunninghill
- Accommodation near Sunninghill Attractions
- More accommodation types in Sunninghill
- Choose Your Sunninghill Hotel Style
- Search Sunninghill Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Sunninghill
- Hotels Near Sunninghill, Johannesburg
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends