Search Hotels in Southern Pines, NC
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 11 Jul 2019
Reviewed on 4 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 1 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 14 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 14 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 10 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 18 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 9 Aug 2020
Visiting Southern Pines
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Southern Pines, and visitors give high marks for the pristine golf courses, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Pinehurst Resort and Rockingham Speedway.
- There are 88 hotels and other accommodation options in Southern Pines
- The closest major airport is in Fayetteville, NC (FAY-Fayetteville Regional), 31.2 mi (50.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Southern Pines
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Pinecrest Plaza is a favourite for retail therapy. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Pinehurst Resort, Southern Pines Golf Club and Mid Pines Golf Club are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pine Needles Golf Club and Reservoir Park.
In Pinehurst, you can choose from 88 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Towneplace Suites Southern Pines Aberdeen - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Jefferson Inn - This 3.5-star inn in Downtown features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Fort Bragg, 22.8 mi/36.7 km from the city centre, and Rockingham Speedway, which is 18.3 mi (29.5 km) away.
Getting around Southern Pines
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Southern Pines Station. Southern Pines may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Southern Pines
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Southern Pines gets about 1201.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Southern Pines?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Southern Pines, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Southern Pines?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Southern Pines?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Southern Pines?
What's the best golf hotel in Southern Pines?
What are some hotels with pools in Southern Pines?
Southern Pines Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Southern Pines by Star Rating
- Hotels near Southern Pines Airports
- Areas of Southern Pines
- Accommodation near Southern Pines Attractions
- More accommodation types in Southern Pines
- Choose Your Southern Pines Hotel Style
- Search Southern Pines Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Southern Pines
- Hotels Near Southern Pines, North Carolina
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends