Visiting South Hadley
Visitors can enjoy all that South Hadley has to offer including the waterfalls, university setting and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses and sightseeing tours. Top sights around the area include Volleyball Hall of Fame, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and MassMutual Center.
- You'll find 95 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Springfield
- The closest major airport is in Westfield, MA (BAF-Barnes Municipal), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 23.1 mi (37.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Hadley
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Mount Holyoke College is worth a campus tour. Additionally, in the area you'll find Volleyball Hall of Fame and Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
As you make plans for a getaway to South Hadley, the best accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 55 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Daniel Stebbins Bed and Breakfast is located 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from the heart of South Hadley. This 3-star bed & breakfast in South Hadley features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- View + Privacy All Within an Easy 15 Minute Drive to Amherst or Northampton is 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the centre of South Hadley. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Springfield can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include MassMutual Center, 10.6 mi/17.1 km from the city centre, and MGM Springfield, which is 10.7 mi (17.3 km) away.
Dressing for South Hadley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- About 1135 millimetres of rain falls on South Hadley each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -6°C