Search Hotels in Slane
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 17 Mar 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Slane has to offer including the monuments and museums. Around the area, top sights include Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre, Hill of Tara and Tayto Park.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Slane
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Slane
The city is notable for landmarks like Slane Castle, Newgrange and Hill of Slane. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Boyne River Valley and Knowth.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Slane. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Yew - Yurt is located in central Slane. Guests who stay at this 2-star campsite in Slane can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an in-room kitchen.
- Tankardstown is located 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Slane can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Pine - Shep Hut -Glamping is located within 1 mi (1.7 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 2-star campsite in Slane can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an in-room kitchen.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre, 4.1 mi/6.6 km from the city centre, and Hill of Tara, which is 9.6 mi/15.4 km away.
Dressing for Slane
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 759 millimetres of rain falls on Slane each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C