Search Hotels in Silicon Valley, CA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 4 Jan 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 3 Jan 2021
Where to stay in Silicon Valley
Visiting Silicon Valley
Travellers to Silicon Valley give high marks for the fun sporting events, live music scene and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its mountain views, shopping and university setting. Top sights in the city include Westfield Valley Fair Shopping Mall, Winchester Mystery House and Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum.
- There are 643 hotels and other accommodation options in Silicon Valley
- The closest major airport is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (RHV-Reid Hillview), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Silicon Valley
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, Children's Discovery Museum and San Jose Museum of Art. Attractions like California's Great America, Happy Hollow Park and Zoo and Santa Clara County Fairgrounds are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Winchester Mystery House, Mission Santa Clara de Asis and San Pedro Square.
In San Jose, there are 643 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Clement Hotel - All Inclusive - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in University South can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Enchanté Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in North Los Altos can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose Cupertino - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Other favourite sights in Silicon Valley include Westfield Valley Fair Shopping Mall, SAP Center at San Jose and The Tech Interactive. Outside the city, top places to visit include Lick Observatory, located 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city centre, and Mystery Spot, which is 22.2 mi (35.7 km) away.
Getting around Silicon Valley
With so many transport options, exploring all of Silicon Valley is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Fruitdale Station, Bascom Station and Race Station. If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Santa Clara Station, San Jose College Park Station or Sunnyvale Lawrence Station.
Dressing for Silicon Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Silicon Valley is 393.80 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 6°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Silicon Valley by Star Rating
- Hotels near Silicon Valley Airports
- Areas of Silicon Valley
- Accommodation near Silicon Valley Attractions
- More accommodation types in Silicon Valley
- Choose Your Silicon Valley Hotel Style
- Search Silicon Valley Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Silicon Valley
- Hotels Near Silicon Valley, California
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends