Visiting Shoal Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Shoal Bay, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its spas and bars. Top sights around the area include Tomaree National Park and Dutchies Beach.
- You'll find 1796 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Port Stephens
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Shoal Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Tomaree National Park and Mount Tomaree. Additionally, you'll find Dutchies Beach in the area.
In Fingal Bay, you can choose from 348 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Ramada Resort by Wyndham Shoal Bay is located in central Shoal Bay. Guests who stay at this 4-star aparthotel in Shoal Bay can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with digital TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Shoal Bay Holiday Park is located in the heart of Shoal Bay. Guests who stay at this 4-star campsite in Shoal Bay can enjoy access to free parking and conference space, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Shoal Bay Road, Berrigal, Unit 01, 87 is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Shoal Bay can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its location.
Dressing for Shoal Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 16°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Shoal Bay gets about 33 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 8°C