Visiting Nelson Bay
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Nelson Bay, and visitors give high marks for the bustling marina. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its spas and golf courses. Top sights in the city include Tomaree National Park and Dutchies Beach.
- You'll find 1837 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Port Stephens
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 18 mi (29 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Nelson Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Tomaree National Park, Dutchies Beach and Samurai Beach. Exploring the waterfront, golfing and whale watching are top activities, while sights to visit include d'Albora Marinas Nelson Bay and Nelson Bay Golf Club. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gan Gan Hill Lookout and Toboggan Hill Park.
In Corlette, there are 754 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Nelson - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Seabreeze Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Landmark Resort Nelson Bay - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Dressing for Nelson Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- Average annual rainfall for Nelson Bay is 33 millimetres
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 8°C