Guests will appreciate the rafting, restaurants and churches in Sel. This welcoming, riverfront city also attracts visitors with its museums, monuments and parks.
- There are 5 Sel hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Oslo (OSL-Gardermoen), 121.9 mi (196.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sel
- Well-known for its museums and cultural attractions, such as Otta Mining Centre and Jorundgard Medieval Centre
- Its churches and monuments are notable, and landmarks include Sel Church and Vaga Church
- The rivers and parks provide a picturesque setting and Rondane National Park is one place worth visiting
Getting around Sel
There are plenty of options for getting around Sel. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Otta Station.
Staying in Sel
You might like one of these highly rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Oigardseter Fjellstue
- Sjoa Hostel
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Oigardseter Fjellstue with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Sjoa Hostel has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Sel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 5°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 16°C, while the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 17°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 10°C and nighttime averages of -1°C
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Sel each year