Search Hotels in Santander - Cantabrian Coast
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Santander - Cantabrian Coast hotel prices
Reviewed on 30 Dec 2019
Where to stay in Santander - Cantabrian Coast
Santander City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(21 area reviews)
Wander through the picturesque gardens and along the coastal boulevard, enter the vast cathedral and examine the fascinating monuments in the heart of Santander.
Beaches, shopping and historical sites are some highlights of Ensanche. You might stop by Santander Ferry Terminal or Palacio de la Magdalena while you're in the area.
Notable for its beaches, shopping and waterfront views, Tetuán is a sought-after destination for many travellers visiting Santander. If you want to see some sights in the area, check out Santander Ferry Terminal or Palacio de la Magdalena.
Notable for its beaches, shopping and waterfront views, San Martín is a sought-after destination for many travellers visiting Santander. If you want to see some sights in the area, check out Palacio de la Magdalena or Santander Ferry Terminal.
Visiting Santander - Cantabrian Coast
Travellers give high marks for the beaches in Santander - Cantabrian Coast, which is also known for its cathedrals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and jazz scene. Top sights in the city include Cabarceno Natural Park, Santander Cathedral and Gran Casino del Sardinero.
- There are 770 hotels and other accommodation options in Santander - Cantabrian Coast
- The closest major airport is in Santander (SDR), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bilbao (BIO), 49 mi (78.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santander - Cantabrian Coast
Cultural venues in the city include Centro Botín, Cantabria Maritime Museum and Caves of Altamira. Attractions like Santillana del Mar Zoo, Plaza de Canadio and Zoo de la Magdalena are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its cathedrals and landmarks like Santander Cathedral, Palacio de la Magdalena, and Collegiate Church of Santillana del Mar.
In Torrelavega, there are 770 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Cuevas - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Le Petit Boutique Hotel - Adults Only - Our customers love the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Amenities at this 1-star hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Posada La Casa del Organista - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Other favourite sights in Santander - Cantabrian Coast include Cabarceno Natural Park, Gran Casino del Sardinero and Santander Ferry Terminal.
Getting around Santander - Cantabrian Coast
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Santander - Cantabrian Coast is easy. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from El Astillero Guarnizo Station, Boo Station or Santander Station. You can catch a ferry to see more of the region.
Dressing for Santander - Cantabrian Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 34 millimetres of rain falls on Santander - Cantabrian Coast each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Santander - Cantabrian Coast by Star Rating
- Hotels near Santander - Cantabrian Coast Airports
- Areas of Santander - Cantabrian Coast
- Accommodation near Santander - Cantabrian Coast Attractions
- More accommodation types in Santander - Cantabrian Coast
- Choose Your Santander - Cantabrian Coast Hotel Style
- Search Santander - Cantabrian Coast Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Santander - Cantabrian Coast
- Hotels Near Santander - Cantabrian Coast, Spain
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends