Visiting the area
Visitors are sure to enjoy all the area has to offer. Welcoming and scenic, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, bars, and monuments.
- There are 2 hotels in the city
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around the area
- Top activities include taking a ferry and boating, while Bellagio Port, Porlezza Harbour, and Argegno Marina are favourite sights to visit
- Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks to visit include Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta, and Villa Balbianello
- The lakeside and mountains highlight the natural beauty, and Bellano Ravine, Menaggio Beach, and Sports Centre are some places worth a visit
Getting around the area
There are plenty of options for getting around. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Staying in the area
You might like Sole, averaging GBP 100.93 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Sole with a 4.1 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for the area
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the nighttime average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July through September averages 27°C during the day and 12°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for the area is 26 millimetres