Visiting Santa Ana
Travellers to Santa Ana give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its local tours, bars and cafes. Around the area, top sights include Costa Rica National Stadium (Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica), Museum of Costa Rican Art and National Theater.
- You'll find 559 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Ana
Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Momentum Lindora Shopping Center and Terrazas Lindora Shopping Center. Taking a tour is a top activity, and Valle del Sol is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Costa Rica National Stadium (Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica) and Museum of Costa Rican Art.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Santa Ana. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Studio Hotel Boutique - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Hotel Posada Canal Grande - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Aloft San Jose Hotel, Costa Rica - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Popular places to see in the area include National Theater, 8.4 mi/13.5 km from the city centre, and Gold Museum (Museo de Oro), which is 8.4 mi (13.6 km) away.
Dressing for Santa Ana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 16°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 16°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Santa Ana is 1848 millimetres
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°C