Search Hotels in Sandton
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Sep 2020
Travellers to Sandton give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Top sights in the city include Nelson Mandela Square, Sandton City Mall and Montecasino.
- You'll find 1515 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandton
The city's cultural venues include Peacemaker Museum and Pieter Toerien Theatre. Attractions like Montecasino and Montecasino Bird Gardens are fun for everyone, not just kids. Shopping is one of the favourite things to do, so consider an excursion to Nelson Mandela Square, Sandton City Mall and Hyde Park Corner.
In Johannesburg, there are 277 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa - This 5-star hotel in Greater Johannesburg Metropolitan Area features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and 2 restaurants. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- AtholPlace Hotel & Villa - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Greater Johannesburg Metropolitan Area features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Bellgrove Guest House - Guests who stay at this 4-star guesthouse in Greater Johannesburg Metropolitan Area can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Popular places to visit around the area include South African Museum of Military History, located 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre, and Johannesburg Zoo, which is 7.5 mi (12.1 km) away.
Getting around Sandton
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Johannesburg Sandton Station. Sandton might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sandton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 26°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- About 24 millimetres of rain falls on Sandton each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Sandton?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sandton, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Sandton?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Sandton?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Sandton?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Sandton?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Sandton?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Sandton?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Sandton?
What are some hotels with pools in Sandton?
Sandton Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Sandton by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sandton Airports
- Areas of Sandton
- Accommodation near Sandton Attractions
- More accommodation types in Sandton
- Choose Your Sandton Hotel Style
- Search Sandton Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Sandton
- Hotels Near Sandton, Johannesburg
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends