Visitors to Rijeka are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums and opera houses. A top sight in the city is Kvarner Gulf.
- There are 112 hotels and other accommodation options in Rijeka
- The closest major airport is in Rijeka (RJK), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Pula (PUY), 39 mi (62.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rijeka
Cultural venues in the city include Natural History Museum, Croatian National Theatre Ivan Zajc and Maritime and History Museum of the Croatian Coast. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Vitus Cathedral, Church of St. Sebastian and Korzo. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and Kvarner Gulf.
In Opatija, there are 112 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sir John's Rooms - Amenities in this 3-star guesthouse include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hotel Bonavia Plava Laguna - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 3 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hotel Continental - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Getting around Rijeka
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Rijeka Station. Rijeka might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Rijeka
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Rijeka is 34 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C