Travellers give high marks for the seaside in Opatija, which is also known for its cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, casinos and parks. A top sight in the city is Kvarner Gulf.
- There are 285 hotels and other accommodation options in Opatija
- The closest major airport is in Rijeka (RJK), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Pula (PUY), 34.1 mi (54.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Opatija
The city's cultural venues include Juraj Matija Sporer Art Pavilion and Open Air Summer Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Croatian Walk of Fame, Maiden with the Seagull Statue and Church of the Annunciation of Mary. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Kvarner Gulf, Slatina Beach and Park Angiolina.
In Lovran, you'll find 285 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Amadria Park Hotel Royal - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel Bevanda - Relais & Chateaux - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and 2 bars.
- Design Hotel Navis - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Opatija
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 34 millimetres of rain falls on Opatija each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C