Families will find kid-friendly activities in Redding, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping and riverfront. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights in the city include Redding Civic Auditorium and Bethel Church.
- There are 89 hotels and other accommodation options in Redding
- The closest major airport is in Redding, CA (RDD-Redding Municipal), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Redding
Cultural venues in the city include Turtle Bay Exploration Park, Anderson Historical Society and Jake Jackson Museum. Favourite family attractions include Bethel Church and Waterworks Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Sundial Bridge, Shasta Dam and Weaverville Joss House State Historic Park.
In Anderson, you'll find 89 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hope Inn Redding - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Midway can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Americana Modern Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites Redding - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Redding include Redding Civic Auditorium.
Getting around Redding
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Redding Station. Redding might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Redding
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 35°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 38°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 30°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Redding is 868 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 36°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C