Visiting Puerto Escondido
Travellers to Puerto Escondido give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours. Top sights in the city include Zicatela Beach, Puerto Angelito Beach and Carrizalillo Beach.
- There are 101 hotels and other accommodation options in Puerto Escondido
- The closest major airport is in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca (PXM-Puerto Escondido Intl.), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Puerto Escondido
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Zicatela Beach, Puerto Angelito Beach and Carrizalillo Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bacocho Beach and Commercial Walkway.
A top sight outside the city is Playa Roca Blanca, located 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Puerto Escondido
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 8°C
- Puerto Escondido gets about 1143.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 9°C