Portet-sur-Garonne has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all visitors will enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this countryside city will also delight visitors with its bars, coffeehouses, and monuments.
- There are 3 Portet-sur-Garonne hotels
- March is the most expensive month to travel here, while July tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Toulouse (TLS-Blagnac), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Portet-sur-Garonne
- Golfing is one of the top activities, while Toulouse Golf Club, La Ramee Golf Course, and Garden Golf Toulouse La Ramee are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its opera and cultural attractions such as Museum of the Augustins and Cite de l'Espace
- Notable for its monuments and landmarks such as Place du Capitole and Basilique Saint-Sernin
- The natural beauty of the countryside is picturesque, and places to visit include Ramier Park, La Prairie Des Filtres, and Jardin des Plantes
- Shopping is tops in the area, and Grand Portet Mall is a favourite locale for retail therapy
Getting around Portet-sur-Garonne
There are plenty of options for getting around Portet-sur-Garonne. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Portet-sur-Garonne Portet-St-Simon Station.
Staying in Portet-sur-Garonne
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Hôtel et Résidence Octel, averaging GBP 88.12/night
- Hotel le Trèfle, averaging GBP 89.97/night
A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Hôtel et Résidence Octel with a 4.7 out of 5 user rating while Hotel le Trèfle has a 3.8 rating by guests.
Dressing for Portet-sur-Garonne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, while the average at night is 5°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 27°C with nighttime averages of 11°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- About 648 millimetres of rain falls on Portet-sur-Garonne each year