Travellers give high marks for the beaches in Podstrana, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, live music and entertainment choices. Salona, Bacvice Beach and Gregory of Nin Statue are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 328 hotels and other accommodation options in Podstrana
- The closest major airport is in Split (SPU), 13.3 mi (21.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Brac Island (BWK), 15.4 mi (24.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Podstrana
Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Strozanac Marina is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Salona and Bacvice Beach.
In Split, you'll find 328 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Beachfront Villa Mediteran - This 3-star guesthouse features a private beach, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Le Meridien Lav, Split - Our customers like the bar and beach locale at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa and 4 restaurants.
- Hotel Eden - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Gregory of Nin Statue, 5.9 mi/9.5 km from the heart of the city, and Diocletian's Palace, which is 5.9 mi (9.6 km) away.
Dressing for Podstrana
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- Podstrana gets about 32 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 6°C