Travellers to Pittsburgh give high marks for the fun sporting events, riverfront and theatre. Urban and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its university setting and entertainment. Top sights in the city include PNC Park, Monongahela Incline and PPG Paints Arena.
- There are 336 hotels and other accommodation options in Pittsburgh
- The closest major airport is in Pittsburgh, PA (PIT-Pittsburgh Intl.), 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional), 33.5 mi (53.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pittsburgh
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include Duquesne Incline, Heinz Hall and Benedum Center. Attractions like National Aviary, Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium and Kennywood are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Monongahela Incline, Cathedral of Learning and Sri Venkateswara Temple.
In West Mifflin, you can choose from 336 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inn on Negley - Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Shadyside can enjoy access to free parking and a business centre, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Fairmont Pittsburgh - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Downtown Pittsburgh can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with deep soaking bathtubs.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh North/McCandless Crossing - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with in-room Smart TVs. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Pittsburgh include PNC Park, PPG Paints Arena and Heinz Field. One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is The Palace Theatre, located 25.8 mi (41.6 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Pittsburgh
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Pittsburgh is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Wood Street Station, Gateway Station and Steel Plaza Station. If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Pittsburgh Station.
Dressing for Pittsburgh
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Pittsburgh is 998 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -5°C