Families will find kid-friendly activities in Payson, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its forests and casinos.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodation options in Payson
- The closest major airport is in Scottsdale, AZ (SCF), 54.5 mi (87.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Payson
The hiking trails, rivers and forests highlight the city's natural beauty, and Tonto National Forest, Woods Canyon Lake and Mongollon Rim Visitor Center are worth a visit. Fishing is a top activity, and Payson Golf Course is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mazatzal Casino and Rim Country Museum.
In Pine, you can choose from 61 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kohl's Ranch Lodge by Diamond Resorts - With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Mazatzal Hotel & Casino - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Majestic Mountain Inn - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Payson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 535 millimetres of rain falls on Payson each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C