History buffs will enjoy exploring Cottonwood, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its riverfront, cafes and wineries. Montezuma Castle National Monument, Bell Rock and Chapel of the Holy Cross are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 559 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Sedona
- The closest major airport is in Cottonwood, AZ (CTW), 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sedona, AZ (SDX), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cottonwood
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Historic Old Town Cottonwood. The city's rivers and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Dead Horse Ranch State Park. Wine tasting, horse riding and taking a tour are top activities, while sights to visit include The Wine Cellar, Pine Shadows Golf Course and Alcantara Vineyards.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 45 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Cottonwood. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Iron Horse Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a business centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Tavern Hotel - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Lux Verde Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Montezuma Castle National Monument, 14.3 mi/23 km from the city centre, and Bell Rock, which is 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away.
Dressing for Cottonwood
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 37°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 38°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Cottonwood each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 36°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C