Visitors give high marks for the bustling port in Ouistreham, which is also known for its museums and bars. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Around the area, top sights include Festyland, Caen Memorial and Juno Beach.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodation options in Ouistreham
- The closest major airport is in Caen (CFR-Carpiquet), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Deauville (DOL-Normandie), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ouistreham
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Museum of the Atlantic Wall and N4 Commando Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Ouistreham Beach and Sword Beach. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Centre Equestre de Ouistreham is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ouistreham. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel & Spa Riva Bella by Thalazur - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- La Villa Andry - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Ibis Styles Ouistreham - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Festyland, 10 mi/16.1 km from the heart of the city, and Caen Memorial, which is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away.
Dressing for Ouistreham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Ouistreham gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 3°C