History buffs will enjoy a visit to Oswiecim, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the museums, castle and ruins. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts visitors with its camping, restaurants and tours. A top attraction is Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Krakow (KRK-John Paul II - Balice), 24.9 mi (40 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Oswiecim
- Top activities include camping and taking a tour, whereas Garden of John Paul II in Inwald is a great place to visit
- Known for its museums, whereas Jewish Museum and Synagogue, Museum of History and Ethnography, and Pszczyna Farm Village are some local cultural sights
- Notable for its historic sites, castle, ruins and landmarks such as Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, Lipowiec Castle, and Holy Father John Paul II Family Home
- Hockey fans will find lots to cheer about whereas everyone can enjoy an event or game at Stadium Paprocany or Tychy Winter Stadium
Getting around Oswiecim
There are many transport options in Oswiecim. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Oswiecim Dwory Station or Oswiecim Station.
Staying in Oswiecim
Searching for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might love Hotel Olecki.
Hotel Olecki, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Oswiecim
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the nighttime average to be -7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Oswiecim is 22 millimetres