History buffs will enjoy a visit to Orléans and visitors are sure to appreciate the museums and monuments. Welcoming and walkable, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, shopping, and bars.
- There are 25 Orléans hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Paris (XJY-Gare de Massy TGV Train Station), 60.4 mi (97.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Orléans
- Well-known for its museums and attractions such as Museum of Fine Arts, House of Joan of Arc, and Theatre Museum Forain
- Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks to visit include St. Pierre-le-Puellier, Sainte-Croix Cathedral, and Chateau de la Ferte-St-Aubin
Orléans is adjacent to Saint-Jean-le-Blanc. Top sights in the area include Chateau de Meung and Moulin de Pierre.
Getting around Orléans
With transportation options aplenty, seeing Orléans is easy. Head to Orleans Station for metro transit. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Orleans Station.
Staying in Orléans
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Orléans has 25 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 20 hotels ranging from GBP 41 to GBP 123 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Mercure Orléans Centre, averaging GBP 143.6/night
- Novotel Orleans La Source, averaging GBP 135/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Hôtel de l'Abeille Orléans, averaging GBP 109.74/night
- Hotel d Orleans, averaging GBP 108.24/night
Hôtel de l'Abeille Orléans, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.6 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Mercure Orléans Centre and Hotel d Orleans.
Dressing for Orléans
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the nighttime average
- About 36 millimetres of rain falls on Orléans each year