Visitors to Oliver are sure to enjoy the wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops, golf courses and gardens. Top sights around the area include Mount Baldy Ski Area and Osoyoos Lake.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Oliver
- The closest major airport is in Penticton, BC (YYF-Penticton Regional), 21.4 mi (34.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kelowna, BC (YLW-Kelowna Intl.), 54.7 mi (88 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oliver
The city's natural beauty is on display at Columbia Mountains, Cascade Range and Spotted Lake. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Burrowing Owl Estate Winery, NK'MIP Canyon Desert Golf Course and Jackson-Triggs Winery are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Le Vieux Pin Winery and Inniskilin Okanagan Vineyards.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 19 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Oliver. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mount View Motel - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and concierge services. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Coast Oliver Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Maple Leaf Motel Inn Towne - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and concierge services. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Mount Baldy Ski Area, located 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the city centre, and Osoyoos Lake, which is 10.3 mi/16.6 km away.
Dressing for Oliver
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Oliver is 909.30 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C