Visitors can enjoy all that Odenwald has to offer including the shopping, restaurants and monuments. A top sight in the area is Heidelberg Castle.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Odenwald
- The closest major airport is in Mannheim (MHG), 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 38 mi (61.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Odenwald
Notable city landmarks like Evangelische Kirche Zotzenbach and Evangelische Kirche Rimbach might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Beachvolleyball and Rimbacher Rathaus.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Odenwald. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Waldgasthof Reußenkreuz is located in central Odenwald. Guests who stay at this 3-star pension in Oberzent can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Landgasthof Grüner Baum is located 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city centre. This 3-star hotel in Beerfelden features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Cafe Best Gästezimmer is 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star guesthouse in Erbach features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar.
Popular places to see in the area include Heidelberg Castle, 18.3 mi/29.5 km from the heart of the city, and SAP Arena, which is 24.1 mi (38.8 km) away.
Getting around Odenwald
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Beerfelden Hetzbach Station, Schöllenbach Station or Hesseneck Kailbach Station. Odenwald might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Odenwald
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Odenwald is 795 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 0°C