Visiting Oak Harbor
Visitors to Oak Harbor are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, museums and festivals.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Oak Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Lopez Island, WA (LPS), 19 mi (30.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Everett, WA (PAE-Snohomish County - Paine Field), 31.4 mi (50.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oak Harbor
The city's cultural venues include PBY Memorial Foundation PBY-Naval Air Museum and Whidbey Playhouse. The city's natural beauty is on display at Fort Ebey State Park, Deception Pass State Park and Windjammer Park. Exploring the port is a top activity, and Joseph Whidbey State Park is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Oak Harbor. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Acorn Motor Inn - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel & Conference Center - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Oak Harbor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 515.30 millimetres of rain falls on Oak Harbor each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C