Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Anacortes, which is also known for its marina. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sightseeing tours. A top sight in the area is Bellis Fair Mall.
- You'll find 112 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Mount Vernon
- The closest major airport is in Lopez Island, WA (LPS), 14.9 mi (24 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rosario, WA (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base), 15 mi (24.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Anacortes
The city's cultural venues include Anacortes Community Theatre and Anacortes Museum and Maritime Heritage Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Guemes Island, Washington Park and Deception Pass State Park. Top activities include taking a ferry and whale watching, while Cap Sante Boat Haven is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Anacortes. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Nantucket Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Majestic Inn & Spa - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Bellis Fair Mall, 19.6 mi/31.6 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Anacortes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Anacortes is 515.30 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C