Guests will want to experience the boating, fishing and churches in Nieuwpoort. This cosy, seaside city also attracts visitors with its sailing, monuments and restaurants.
- There are 5 Nieuwpoort hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas September is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Ostende (OST-Ostend-Bruges Intl.), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Nieuwpoort
- Boating, fishing and sailing are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Boterlandfietsroute, Cobergher Bike Route, and Maria Hendrika Park
- Its churches and monuments are notable, and landmarks include St. Nicholas Church, Spanish Pavilion, and St. Walburga's Church
- The natural setting of the the sea is picturesque, and places to visit include De Panne Beach, Leopold Park, and Grote Keignaert
Getting around Nieuwpoort
Nieuwpoort has plenty of options for transport. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Nieuwpoort
For family trips or any other travel plans, consider a highly rated traditional hotel like Cosmopolite.
You may enjoy a stay at Hotel Uilenspiegel for a romantic getaway or boutique stay.
Cosmopolite, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.2 out of 5 user rating. Also Hotel Uilenspiegel has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Nieuwpoort
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Nieuwpoort gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year