Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Middelkerke, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the beaches and restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its gardens, bars and coffeehouses.
- There are 10 Middelkerke hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas April is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Ostende (OST-Ostend-Bruges Intl.), 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Middelkerke
- The beaches, the sea and gardens provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Maria Hendrika Park, Leopold Park, and Grote Keignaert
- De Kegel X-treme and Westgolf are a couple of favourite places to visit
Staying in Middelkerke
With 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Middelkerke, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 8 hotels ranging from GBP 53 to GBP 111 per night.
Seeking a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You may appreciate these highly rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Villa Hotel Westende
- Zeegalm Aparthotel
Villa Hotel Westende, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Zeegalm Aparthotel has a 3.6 rating by guests.
Dressing for Middelkerke
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Middelkerke gets about 792 millimetres of rain per year