Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Newry, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, football games and spas.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodation options in Newry
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 35 mi (56.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 35.6 mi (57.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newry
The city is notable for landmarks like Newry Cathedral, Crossmaglen Square and Narrow Water Castle. The city's natural beauty is on display at Cooley Mountains, Slieve Donard and Slieve Gullion. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Newry Town Hall and Slieve Binnian.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Newry. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Flagstaff Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its overall value and high-quality beds.
- The Rostrevor Inn - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Cross Square Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Newry
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Newry is 850.90 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C