Visitors can enjoy all that Nanterre has to offer including the architecture, local tours and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting and art. Grande Arche, Theatre Andre Malraux and Arc de Triomphe are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 5146 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Paris
- The closest major airport is in Paris (ORY-Orly), 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Paris (CDG-Roissy-Charles de Gaulle), 18.1 mi (29.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nanterre
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Université Paris Nanterre is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Paris La Défense Arena and Theatre Nanterre-Amandiers.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 23 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Nanterre. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- L'Amandier - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Quartier de la Boule - Champs-Pierreux can enjoy access to a restaurant and valet parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- B&B Hôtel Nanterre Rueil-Malmaison - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Chemin de l'Île features free WiFi, parking and a 24-hour front desk.
- Ibis budget Rueil Malmaison - This 2-star hotel in Quartier du Vieux-Pont - Sainte-Geneviève features free WiFi, parking and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Grande Arche, 1.4 mi/2.2 km from the heart of the city, and Theatre Andre Malraux, which is 1.5 mi (2.5 km) away.
Getting around Nanterre
With so many transport options, seeing all of Nanterre is a breeze. Head to Nanterre Préfecture RER Station to catch the metro. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Paris Nanterre-University Station, Nanterre-Ville Station or Nanterre University Station.
Dressing for Nanterre
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 35 millimetres of rain falls on Nanterre each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C